The Northern New England Chapter of SWANA was officially formed in 1998, with our Chapter By-Laws ratified in 2000 and updated in 2015 and 2020. The updated by-laws are based on the organizational changes in SWANA Headquarters and the Regionalization of our SWANA Chapters.
We continue to grow with a diverse board of directors representing three New England states (Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont).
Our chapter convenes three times a year, typically once in each member state, to discuss relevant solid waste and recycling issues.
News & Events
- October 2, 2020Seventh Annual “Talking Trash” in Northern New England – October 2, 2020
- September 16, 2020E2TECH Talks Trash Zoom Webinar – September 16, 2020 8 a.m – 10 a.m
- July 17, 2020SWANA – SAFETY ALERT – Free Face Covering for Solid Waste Industry
- June 22, 2020SWANApalooza Virtual Event
- April 27, 2020SWANA COVID 19 Update
- April 17, 2020IMPORTANT COVID-19 – INFORMATION
- April 17, 20202020 SWANA Safety Awards
- March 24, 2020SWANA 2019 Solid Waste Fatality Data
- March 28, 2000Important Information on the Cancellation – MOLO Certificate Course – May 18 – 21, 2020
- March 2, 2020Scholarship Announcement – Northern New England Chapter of SWANA – Steven Parker Scholarship