The Northern New England Chapter of SWANA was officially formed in 1998, with our Chaper By-Laws ratified in 2000 and updated in 2015 and 2020. The updated by-laws are based on the organizational changes in SWANA Headquarters and the Regionalization of our SWANA Chapters.
We continue to grow with a diverse board of directors representing three New England states (Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont).
Our chapter convenes three times a year, typically once in each member state, to discuss relevant solid waste and recycling issues.
COVID 19 References
As NNE SWANA plays a lead role in focusing on the safety of solid waste and recycling workers, we can also be a great place to go for information as on COVID-19 cases increase. As cases increase, we want to encourage everyone to better understand better what they can do.
COVID -19 Reference Information
* Center for Disease Control – www.cdc.gov
* Coronavirus Information – www.coronavirus.gov
* COVID-19 Projections – https://covid19.healthdata.org
* EPA – www.epa.gov
* Federal Emergency Management Agency – www.fema.gov
* State of Maine – www.maine.gov › covid19
* New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services – www.nh.gov › covid19
* OSHA – www.osha.gov
* Vermont Dept. of Health – www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19
* World Health Organization – www.who.int
Stay Safe & Healthy
News & Events
- November 1, 2021WASTECON 2021 – Safety Summit
- September 29, 2021Technical Session – “Glass Recycling Challenges and Opportunities”
- April 26, 2021National Work Zone Awareness Week April 26 – April 30, 2021
- April 9, 2021April 9, 2021 – EBC Eighth Annual New England “Talking Trash” Conference
- March 19, 2021March 19, 2021 – NNE YP Virtual Happy Hour
- March 8, 2021March 8, 2021 – Scholarship Information Now Available – NNE Chapter of SWANA – Steven Parker Scholarship
- February 18, 2021February 18-2021 – Technical Session (Webinar) Destination Disposal Now Available for Viewing
- April 27, 2020SWANA COVID 19 Update
- April 17, 2020IMPORTANT COVID-19 – INFORMATION